Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tinkerbell Cake, Cookies, and Cupcakes

I love making goodies for this client.  She reminds me so much of me when my girls were little.  Their birthdays, even if they were small celebrations, had to be detailed.  She is a scrapbooker like me so she is into little details which I love.  She wanted Tinkerbell cookies that had Tinkerbell on them and offered to lend me her Tinkerbell Cricut Cartdrige for me to use with my Cricut Cake.  Let me tell you, it was a royal pain in the butt to cut them.  Easier said than done, but I was so determined to make my friend happy, and me being as stubborn as I am, that I tried and tried until I got it! The only thing was getting Tink's eyes right without her looking like she was demon possessed, so I had to use my handy dandy edible markers that I only use for details.  Don't really like the painted look, I prefer to piece things with the colored fondant because it looks more professional, but for something as small as this it really worked.  Tinkerbell looked like herself, no exorcism required, lol!  The cake was a small 6x6 cake for the birthday girl, 24 cupcakes decorated as a garden with flowers, and the infamous cookies that came out so pretty.  When my friend picked up her baked goodies, her face lit up!  She knew her precious little girl would be happy!  Yey, love happy endings!
The Cake


The Cupcakes

The Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment