Sunday, September 4, 2011

Arabian Night Quince Cake

This client is the niece of a very dear friend of mine since high  school.  She wanted to make a cake for her little sister that was turning 15 and was worried because she had to drive the cake from Miami to Fort Myers.  I would say it is a good 3 hour drive from where I live.  The cake was intricate in it's design.  The top and bottom layers are six inches high and the middle layer is 4 inches high.  The flavor is marble with vanilla bean buttercream filling.  The number is made of equal parts of fondant and gumpaste and molded by hand.  the swirls are made of royal icing and gilded in edible 24 Karat gold. I made sure that the cake was sturdy enough for the ride reinforcing it with wooden dowel rods. I loved the colors the client selected" a deep purple, a pretty electric blue, and a fuchsia.  The cake had shimmer on it, but you can't really see it in the picture. I helped place the cake in the car at 7 am Saturday morning and literally prayed that it would make it in one piece.  I have not heard from the client yet, but believe everything went well.


No comments:

Post a Comment