Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Tablescape

This year I decided to have a whimsical Christmas with bright colors and crazy graphics, but still traditional and elegant.  Well, one of my favorite craft stores had these little boxes with polka dots and that was my inspiration.  I already had the lime green tablecloths, so the rest was easy.

 Lime green tablecloths with a runner I made from a roll of gift wrap paper that matched with everything and it only cost $1
 
 I have these beautiful red serving chargers and ruby red goblets that worked well.
 
 For the centerpieces I used these cute tin buckets I found at Micheal's (some had polka dots and others had stripes) and made some poms out of tissue paper and to add some whimsy, I glued some ribbon and added an ornament in the middle!  Lovely!
 
I made them in white tissue paper and in green
 
 For name tags I used white cardstock and glued sticker to the edges (yes, a lot of work) and used tiny green and red ornaments to hold the card! 
 
 My inpiration for all of this... the favor box!!! I put two Ferrero Roche Chocolate inside for each guest

.
My husband read a passage from the Bible that talks about Jesus, the reason for the season and prayed thanking God for  EVERYTHING, including our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment