Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mini Cakes

I felt so honored! I was asked to make the mini cakes for my church's marriage vow renewal service. They were at total of 33 4 inch round mini cakes. I had to keep the decorations to a minimum because they were so many and I had so little time since I also had other cakes to bake as well. Luckily, I had the help of my oldest daughter Ashley that has mad skills. Normally the one who helps me is Lauren (also very talented), but she was busy.
The experience at church with my cakes was amazing! As the couples left the service there pictures were taken and then they proceeded to the reception area, there they signed a marriage certificate and they received there mini wedding cake (one per couple) with a drink. They were so happy to receive there cake. After tasting the cake they returned to ask if I had business cards, to the point that I ran out of the ones I had taken. Some people started to talk to me about upcoming events in there near future and assured me they would be calling me. I am so thankful to God for this opportunity. I love that I am able to pick and choose the things I want to do and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment