Saturday, March 23, 2013

American Girl "Coconut" doggie cake

This is a client that has the cutest little girls. She sometimes celebrates their birthdays together because the dates are so close.  I have had the privilege of making their cakes for quite a while now. I know I've made other cakes for them, but these are the ones I remember from the top of my head:
Wall- E Cake
Mickey Playhouse
Tangled
Toy Story

Thise year the girls wanted a cake that showed their favorite American Girl pet Coconut. I could have molded it, but I had already done something like that.  I wanted it to be fun and playful, almost cartoon like, so I did it this way and was so pleased with the results.  The bottom of the cake has the other little pets the AG have.  This cake was fairly small, 10x10 and 4 inches high. The flavor was vanilla bean with vanilla frosting.  Simple but delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment