Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Trip To China Cake and Sweets

 
I am happy to say that this cake turned out beautifully despite the horror I encountered while delivering it and having to literally redue the three bottom tiers becuase the bottom tier decided to collapse a corner away from the venue making the others crack. Im not gonna lie, I went into panic mode, all I could think was that the quinceanera's cake was ruined. After I composed myself and driving Ignacio and Lauren, crazy, I called Miles Cakes that was 15 minutes away and asked if I could go there to repair the cake. I was shaking like a leaf and I guess they heard the despair in my voice and said yes. I am so grateful for the owner Adriana for not only allowing me to go to her shop to fix my cake, but for actually leaving her house and coming to help me. I had Iggie deliver the goodies and let the client know I'd be late with the cake and explained what had happened. The cake was repaired and we went and delivered it. As I was taking it into the venue all you could hear was," omg, that's huge!" and " Is that a cake?" all the guests were arriving dressed beautifully and I looked like death all nasty and sweaty. I felt such a sense of relief once that cake was placed on the table. I never knew how it felt to have a cake disaster until this day. The client was very understanding and  happy with how the cake had turned out and that is what mattered most. I will be forever grateful to Adriana, the owner of Miles for her help and to Ignacio and Lala for their patience and encouragement in the midst of it all.
 
The cake was delivered to The beautiful Redlands Koi Gardens.  The place was absolutely breath taking.  I felt as if I was walking into Mulan's story. The Quinceanera wanted to make her celebration a "Trip to China" and that's was the cake in the shape of the luggage meant. All the guests were dressed in beautiful Asian attire. The flavor for the cake was yummy moist red velvet with cream cheese buttercream filling and vanilla with vanilla buttercream filling. The chinese take-out box on the side of the board where the cake is was made out of rice crispies treats covered in white chocolate and then fondant, and I hand painted the motif . The decals on the luggage were images I found online and had them printed on rice paper.  I also made other goodies like, butter cookies in the shape of take out boxes(this was fun because the birthday girl and her friend came over and actually covered the cookies and painted the motif on them), Oreo covered cookies with the nunber 15 in chinese, edible gold covered milk covered bonbons, and chocolate ganache chinese lantern cake pops.
 
First Cake before the collapse
 

 Repaired Cake
 
 

 The beautiful Cake
 
 Take-Out box cookies (all painted by the b-day girl. I made a sample and she went to town decorating all those cookies)
 
 Golden melt in your mouth milk chocolate bonbons

Chocolate covered Oreos with golden number 15 in chinese


Chocolate Ganache Chinese lantern cake pops

The Quinceanera's Beautiful mother

No comments:

Post a Comment