Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ladybug Garden Cake

Ok, this is a 3 in 1 cake! This client is such a sweet girl.  She found me on the web and called me up letting me know she wanted a cake for her sister in law's baby shower and that they expected approximately 300 guests. The theme was ladybugs.  She asked me for advice for such a large order and had mentioned making a normal size cake with sheet cakes.  I shy away from sheet cakes for many reasons that I'll explain on a later date. I suggested making the cakes something grandiose and the focal point of her theme. She agreed and told me she trusted me.  I made a huge three tier cake with a cake ladybug on top, her head is MMF covered in fondant, and two smaller cakes with smaller ladybugs.  Since it was for a baby shower I made the faces whimsical looking.  The entire cake is edible with the exception of the antennas.  I had the help of my hubby because the big cake was too heavy for me to carry. Later that day I received a text message from the client letting me know how much people loved the cake.  Yey!!! I love what I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment