Monday, July 6, 2009

Valentine's Dinner

With the economy the way that it is at the present it can be a bit expensive to go out to a nice restaurant to eat with all your friends for Valentine's. This year I decided that I would invite a few good friends and have dinner at home. Those who know me well know that I have to make it special. I found a nice digital brush for photoshop and designed my invitations and put a little bit of red bling on them. I continued the theme and designed tags that I attached to inexpensive black tiny bags and embellished them with a red satin ribbon and bling, of course, and placed some hershey kisses inside. These were party favors as well as placecards. I bought four $1 picture frames at Michael's and coverded them with scrapbook paper that fit my decor. As my guest arrived I took a picture of each couple. For the centerpiece I bought white cheap pillar candles and printed the motif I used for the invitations, etc. on tissue paper (not an easy task) and cut them to fit around the candles and with a blow dryer on medium the tissue melted into the candle seamlessly. It looked like it was printed on the candle itself. During dessert I sneaked out and printed the pictures I had taken earlier. As my guests were ready to leave I gave them the picture frame replacing the menu with the picture I took of them. It was a lovely night and we all had a great time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment