Monday, May 28, 2012

Gift Box Shower Cake

I so enjoyed making these goodies.  The theme was pearls and gift boxes in brown and pink.  Super girly!  The flavor of this cake was my  moist Leelee's Vanilla Specialty cake, covered in dulce de leche and then covered in fondant.  Every element of this cake is edible.  The bottom part is an 8x3.5 round cake, and the top is an 8x2 cake  that I placed on top of fondant pieces resembling tissue paper with some uneven dowel rods to make the top tilt ever so slightly.  The pearls are made of 
fondant and brushed with edible pearl dust.  
I also made coconut cupcakes that I dusted with iridescent pink edible glitter (you can't really see in the picture) that made them shimmer and topped with candy pearls. I made cookies in the shape of bibs, rattles, onesies, and pacifiers.  Red velvet cakepops were a must, these were covered in milk chocolate covered in edible tiny pearls, and last, but not at all least I made marshmallows covered in tinted white chocolate and tiny pearls. 
The mommy to be was really happy with the goodies!









No comments:

Post a Comment